For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, the data controller is The Covenant & Conversation Trust.
This Privacy Notice does not cover information that you submit on other websites, even if we communicate with you on those websites. For example, if you post something on Third Party Sites, that information is governed by the privacy policies on those websites and is not governed by this Privacy Notice.
1. Information we collect from you
· Information you give to us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site (For example to subscribe to our newsletter) or by corresponding with us by telephone, mail, e-mail, or otherwise. This information may include your name, city, country, telephone number, and e-mail address.
· Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site, we may automatically collect the following information:
o technical information including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
o information about your visit including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any telephone number or email address used to contact our customer service team.
2. Use made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Administration of our Site: The information you give to us is necessary to enable us to fulfil your request for newsletter subscription including communicating with you if there is any issue.
- Customer service: We ask for your contact details such as your e-mail address and telephone number to enable us to answer any questions you have about using our Site or newsletter subscription.
- Direct Marketing: To send you our newsletter.
- Our service: To notify you about changes to our service.
- Our Site: To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device, and so that we can enhance your experience of using our Site.
If you subscribe to our Site, our legal basis for processing your personal information is that it is necessary for the administration of our Site and for performance of the Terms of Website Use.
3. Disclosure of your information
· From time to time we retain the services of other carefully selected and monitored companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf in connection with the successful operation and continuous improvement of this Site. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
o Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors (e.g. in order to process your request for newsletter subscription). These companies or individuals may be provided with access to your personal details in order to fulfil their function but may not use such information for any other purpose.
o Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
· We do not provide your personal details to other companies or individuals for their marketing purposes.
· We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety (or the rights, property, safety of our subscribers, or others).
4. Security of your personal data
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice and applicable law. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. Right to object to marketing
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data at the point of subscription) that we intend to use your data for marketing purposes and if we intend to disclose your information to any third parties for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at any time at [email protected]. You can also click on “update your preferences” which appears at the end of all of our email communications, to edit your profile, or “unsubscribe” to remove yourself from our mailing list.
6. E-mail opt-out
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by e-mail by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within the marketing e-mails you receive from us.
7. Accessing and modifying your personal information
Applicable data protection laws give you the right to access information held about you. You also have the right to update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. At the bottom of any newsletter email you receive from us having subscribed to our mailing list, there will always be an option to update your preferences should you wish to change or delete your personal information.
8. Right to erasure
Requests for the deletion or removal of your personal data should be directed to [email protected]. You can also click on “unsubscribe” which appears at the end of all of our email communications, to remove yourself from our mailing list.
9. Right to data portability
If you would like access to any personal data which you have provided to us in a machine-readable format, or if you would like your data to be transferred directly to another data controller, please direct your request to [email protected]